These client terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”) govern the provision of any services (the “Services”) to you (“you”, “your”, or “Client”) by Doola Aerials LLC (d/b/a Indoor Drone Tours) (the “Company”, “Doola”, “we”, or “us”). You hereby agree as follows:
1. WAIVER: In consideration of the Services to be conducted and the project to be produced at the premises (the “premises” or the “property”), you and each other person acting through or by you (including, without limitation, your real estate broker(s), clients, heirs, representatives, successors, and assigns) (collectively, the “Client Affiliated Persons”), do hereby expressly, to the fullest extent permitted by law, agree to release, waive, and discharge all claims, demands, and causes of action, whether known or unknown, foreseeable or extraordinary (collectively, “Claims”), against the Company and its directors, officers, employees, contractors, and/or agents (collectively, the “Doola Covered Personnel”), to the extent such Claims arise out of or are connected in any way to the provision of Services by Company to you; provided, however, the foregoing in no event shall waive any Claims resulting from Company’s gross negligence or willful misconduct in so providing such Services.
In addition to the waivers contained above, you expressly acknowledge and agree that Doola shall, in no event, be liable to you for the (i) the transmission of COVID-19 by or among any persons in any location at which Services have been provided; and (ii) any injuries, loss of life, disease, property loss, damages, expenses, costs, claims, or other losses (collectively, “Losses”) arising out of the foregoing. You acknowledge and agree that Doola cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while obtaining Doola’s Services, and you hereby assume the risk of transmission of COVID-19, and release and waive any right to bring any Claims against Doola, or any Doola Covered Personnel, in connection with any Losses you, or any Client Affiliated Persons, may sustain in connection with the exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19.
2. INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS: Except to the occasioned by the gross negligence or willful misconduct any Doola Covered Personnel, you also agree, for yourself and on behalf of all Client Affiliated Persons, to indemnify and hold harmless all Doola Covered Personnel from and against all Losses resulting from or in any way arising in connection with the provision of Services hereunder.
3. SERVICE & PRODUCTION REQUESTS: To ensure the best results of the service & production requested, please be sure the property is ready prior to the scheduled call time.
4. TURNAROUND TIME: Once on site, Doola requires forty-eight (48) hours to return your first draft. After you receive your draft, you are permitted one (1) additional revision round, at no additional expense, to highlight areas in the video to change. These revisions may include simple editing of the footage (e.g., removing clips, altering speed, requesting color corrections, changing information on the graphic slides). These revisions may not include more extensive edits (e.g.,re-filming a property, removing cosmetic defects in the premises (e.g., cracks on a window or drywall), or inserting objects in the footage which did not previously exist).
Subject to the foregoing, Doola agrees to the following turn-around times:
5 TRAVEL COST: In the event that travel is needed outside of the sixty (60) mile radius surrounding Chicago (zip code 60601), Doola will require an additional $50 per hour travel fee. Doola reserves the right to charge Client this fee following the provision of Services, and such amount shall be payable by Client upon demand.
6. WARRANTY: Company warrants that it will exercise due professional care and competence in the performance of the Services, and that it will use commercially reasonable efforts to substantially comply with any descriptions and representations (including performance capabilities, accuracy, completeness, characteristics, specifications, configurations, standards, functions, and requirements) which have been communicated to you in writing by Doola. For any breach of the above warranty, Client’s exclusive remedy, and Company’s entire liability, shall be the re-performance of such deficient Services. If Company is unable to re-perform the Services as warranted, Client shall be entitled, subject to Section 7 hereof, to recover the fees paid to Company for the deficient Services. Company further warrants that, except in respect of information received from Client (i) the Services will not be in violation of any applicable law, rule, or regulation, and Company will have obtained all permits required of Company to comply with such laws and regulations; and (ii) neither its performance hereunder nor the Services will violate or in any way infringe upon the rights of third parties, including property, contractual, employment, trade secrets, proprietary information, and non-disclosure right, or any trademark, copyright, or patent rights. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE STATED IN THIS SECTION 7, COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
7. LIMITATIONS ON DAMAGES: IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL), FROM ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES OCCURRING. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the total aggregate liability to Client of Company, regardless of whether such liability is based on breach of contract, tort, strict liability, breach of warranties, failure of essential purpose or otherwise, under These Terms and Conditions or any other agreement between you and the Company shall be limited to the fees then paid by Client to Company.
8. VIDEO EDITING & POST-PROCESSING: Doola follows a specific flight format (the “Standard Format”) in connection with the provision of Services. The Standard Format is as follows: (i) Doola begins filming from inside the door, (ii) proceeds to the most important space set forth in the listing, and (iii) then films room to room until the first (1 st ) floor is covered; (iv) after filming the first (1 st ) floor, Doola will film upstairs (if applicable), (v) downstairs to the basement (if applicable), and (vi) then back to the front door. If Outdoor Flights are purchased, Doola will also follow a specific flight format.
If another format (other than the Standard Format) is desired, the Client must provide specific requirements or details to Doola when scheduling the shoot, with sufficient prior written notice so Doola may accommodate the same.
9. CANCELLATION & POSTPONEMENT POLICY: Doola understands that sometimes schedule adjustments are necessary. If a schedule adjustment or cancellation is desired, Client must notify Doola of any necessary changes to the schedule at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance. If a cancellation is made at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance, Doola will not charge you for re-scheduling.
10. WEATHER POLICY: There may be events when services cannot be fulfilled due to weather. In those circumstances, the decision about the shooting is up to the Client. If the Client proceeds with production, Doola will use best efforts to complete the shoot. If additional outdoor production is required on another day with better weather, standard rescheduling rates will apply (i.e. $150). If there is anticipated to be bad weather, you must reschedule with us at least twenty-four (24) hours before the shoot. All reschedulings will be subject to availability.
11. LIMITED LICENSING RELEASE: In order to provide the Client with the best service and support at reasonable pricing, Doola does not grant Client any rights with respect to the Work Product, but Doola is willing to license use of such Work Product for a fee. The fee quoted is dependent on (i) payment of the invoice in full prior to the scheduled production call time, and (ii) using the content only as indicated by Doola. Any such license granted to Client shall be strictly in accordance with Doola’s standard license agreement.
12. WORK PRODUCT OWNERSHIP: Subject to Section 13 hereof, Doola is, and shall be, the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to the documents, work product, videos, footage, and other materials that are created, made, conceived, reduced to practice or authored by Doola in the course of performing the Services (the “Work Product”), including all intellectual property rights therein. Client agrees that with respect to any Work Product that may qualify as “work made for hire” as defined in 17 U.S.C. §101, such Work Product is hereby deemed a “work made for hire” for Doola. To the extent that any of the Work Product does not constitute a “work made for hire”, Client hereby irrevocably assigns to Doola, in each case without additional consideration, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the Work Product, including all intellectual property rights therein. Such assignment shall be automatic under these Terms and Conditions without the need to be evidenced further in writing. Doola shall be free to make, have made, use, offer for sale, sell, modify, translate and import products utilizing the Work Product without restriction. Client will execute or cause to be executed, all documents and perform such acts as may reasonably be necessary to secure or enforce for Doola statutory protection including patent, trademark, trade secret or copyright protection throughout the world for all Work Product, at Doola’s expense.
13. USAGE: Subject to the limitations set forth in Section 12 hereof, Doola grants Client a limited, revocable, non-assignable license to use Work Product provided by Doola to be uploaded to any social media or MLS listing services by the Client (including the Client’s proprietary website) but solely for the promotion of the listing during the pendency of the sale of the property.
14. MEDIA RELEASE: You understand that Doola may take photographs and/or video or digital recordings, which may be edited in Doola’s sole discretion (collectively, “Pictures”). You hereby provide your permission for the use of your property, possessions, name, likeness and voice in connection with such Pictures in any and all manner and media throughout the world in perpetuity (including, but not limited to, marketing and advertising campaigns conducted by the Company). You further release Doola and all Doola Covered Personnel from and against any and all Claims or any other cause of action arising out of any use or reproductions of such Pictures.
15. SEVERABILITY: If one or more of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. Such provisions shall be revised to the extent necessary to make them enforceable.
16. PAYMENT & LATE FEES: Payment is due in full before the project date unless stipulated otherwise. Overdue payments are subject to a late fee of the greater of a (i) a $50/month late fee and (ii) ten percent (10%) of the amount due.
17. ASSIGNMENT: All of the terms and provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of and be enforceable by the respective successors and permitted assigns of the parties hereto, but neither these Terms and Conditions nor any of the rights, interests or obligations hereunder of any party hereto shall be assigned without the prior written consent of the other party (which may be withheld for any reason); provided, however, that Doola may, without such consent, assign these Terms and Conditions (and the underlying contract which it modifies) in whole or in part (i) to a successor corporation in connection with the transfer or sale of all or substantially all of its business or assets to which these Terms and Conditions pertains or in the event of the merger or consolidation with another corporation; and (ii) to any affiliate entity of Doola. Any purported assignment in violation of the preceding sentence shall be void. Any permitted assignee shall assume all obligations of its assignor under these Terms and Conditions.
18. FORCE MAJEURE: Company shall be excused from default or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder if and to the extent that such default or delay is caused by an act of God, or other cause beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, pandemics (including, without limitation, COVID-19 and mutations, variations, and strains thereof), work stoppages, fires, riots, accident, explosion, flood, storm, or failures or fluctuations in electrical power, heat light, air conditioning, data, telecommunications or computer equipment (each a, “Force Majeure Event”). In such event, Company shall be excused from performance for as long as such circumstances prevail and shall as soon as practicable notify Client by telephone (to be confirmed promptly in writing) of any actual or anticipated delay. IN NO EVENT SHALL CLIENT BE EXCUSED OF ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS ARISING HEREUNDER ON ACCOUNT OF ANY FORCE MAJEURE EVENT.
19. APPLICABLE LAW; VENUE; WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois as if the agreement were made in Illinois for performance entirely within the State of Illinois. Each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Cook County, Illinois, for the adjudication of any dispute hereunder or in connection herewith and hereby irrevocably waives, and agrees not to assert in any suit, action or proceeding, any claim that it is not personally subject to the jurisdiction of any such court, in such suit, action or proceeding is improper or is an inconvenient venue for such proceeding. EACH OF THE PARTIES HERETO HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY AND ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
20. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede and merge all prior proposals, understandings, and all other agreements, oral and written between the parties relating to such subject matter. Any supplemental or additional forms or terms submitted by one party to the other are rejected except to the extent the parties hereto agree to the same in a written agreement or schedule executed by both parties.
21. COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES: In the event that any action, suit or other proceeding is instituted concerning or arising out of these Terms Conditions or any transaction contemplated hereunder, the substantially prevailing party shall recover all of such party’s costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred in each such action, suit or other proceeding, including any and all appeals or petitions therefrom.
22. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING: I have read the entirety of these Terms and Conditions, waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, and fully understand its terms. I acknowledge that I am signing these Terms and Conditions freely and voluntarily, and intend by my signature or decision to proceed with Doola servicing or producing the Work Product to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.